HO CHI MINH CITY TOUR AND CU CHI TUNNEL FULL DAY
Tour the sites of Ho Chi Minh City and travel back in time on a visit to the Cu Chi Tunnels on this full-day tour that includes lunch. See the Notre Dame Cathedral from the outside and visit the famous Post office that was built during colonial times. Then tour the War Remnants Museum and the Reunification Palace. Finally, head outside of the city to the Cu Chi Tunnels, where you head far underground with a local guide and learn how thousands of people survived far below the earth's surface during the Vietnam War.
- Visit Notre Cathedral, Old Central Post Office
- Visit the War Remnants Museum and Reunification Palace
- Visit Ben Thanh Market
Ho Chi Minh, formerly named and still also referred to as Saigon, is the largest city in Vietnam. It was once known as Prey Nokor, an important Khmer seaport prior to annexation by the Vietnamese in the 17th century .Under the name Saigon, it was the capital of the French colony of Cocochine and later of the independent republic of South Vietnam from 1955 -1975. On 2 July 1976, Saigon merged with the surrounding Gia Dinh province and was officially renamed Ho Chi Minh after revolutionary leader Ho Chi Minh.
We start the trip by visiting Reunification Palace, whose former name was Norodom Palace. Ngo Viet Thu is exactly the architect who designed this stunning palace. Later, other next destinations consist of Notre Dame Cathedral, Central Post Office, and especially War Remnants Museum, where exhibits on Vietnam War and Indochina Wars are displayed. After enjoying lunch at the local restaurant, you will be taken to Cu Chi Tunnels. Before entering allotted areas of Cu Chi Tunnels, watch an introductory video which is an overview of the tunnel system’s history and Vietnamese’s life during the hard time of war.
Climb down small tunnels to get amazing experiences and blow your mind when special constructed living areas and martial facilities of Viet Cong appear in front of your eyes. It will be great to know the system of tunnels – a subterranean village where there are bedrooms, kitchens, field hospitals, command centers, weapons factories, and storage. Moreover, taste special tea and cassava – the common food of Vietnamese guerillas in the past. Take your break time to try the real shooting gun or just relax as you wish.
Return to Saigon and end the trip.
Please take notes: the Notre Dame Cathedral have been being restored (UNTIL 2022), so the guests just visit outside
- Group size : 20 -45 pax
- Transportation by air-conditioned bus
- English-speaking tour guide
- Mineral water (1 bottle per person)
- Travel insurance
- Food & Beverage not mentioned in the program
- Tips & personal expenses
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fee
- Lunch at local restaurant with Vietnamese cuisine
- Meet up option: Customer must be present at our office Travel (220 De Tham Street, Dist 1, HCMC) at 7:45 AM
- Pick- up & Transfer option: included pick up and transfer to the centrally located hotel/accommodation in Dist 1, Ho Chi Minh City.
- Time pick up is 7:30-7:45 AM, customer must be present at the lobby on that time. (the time of pick up depends on your accommodation’s exact position)
- Please choose the meet up option for the hotel outside the Dist 1 or the centrally located hotels in Dist 1 where we cannot pick up and transfer because of the traffic rules, please contact the local supplier for support. In more detail, we are not allowed to pick up at Nguyễn Trãi Street, Nguyễn Thị Nghĩa Street,
- We are not responsible for your lateness.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults, otherwise they will be subject to the adult rate. A surcharge maybe applied to the bookings with 2 or more children.
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat and the tour inclusions. Please advise the supplier if you have from 1 infant at time of booking.