The Central Vietnam stretches from Quang Binh to Quang Nam province which keeps many cultural values of nature. In Quang Binh, Phong Nha National Park is a kingdom of the caves with many world famous caves. Hue city is a royal land with the Citadel, King’s tombs and many nice pagodas located along Perfume River. Da Nang city is well-known for Marble Mountains and Museum of Cham Sculpture. Hoi An is an ancient town with many old houses decorated with colorful lanterns. All of them created a special attraction for the Central that we called it Heritage.
Especially, the ancient capital of Hue, the ancient town of Hoi An, My Son and Hue royal court music, the national park of Phong Nha – Ke Bang in turn were recognized as world cultural heritage by UNESCO. This created a new look for the development of tourism industry in the Central.
If you are planning to visit the Central Vietnam and asking yourself about the best way to explore all these beautiful and attractive cities, our Central Heritage road tour 8 days 7 nights will answer your question. Join our tour and discover the beauty as well as the unique culture of the Central Vietnam.
Departure Location: Da Nang International Airport (DAD)
Return Location: Dong Hoi Airport (VDH)
3 Hours Before Flight Time
Arrive at Da Nang International Airport, the local guide and driver will pick you up, transfer to Hoi An. Check-in the hotel, free to relax till the time to enjoy the Hoi An Memory Show. Overnight in Hoi An.
After the breakfast, visit My Son, a cluster of abandoned and partially ruined Hindu temples constructed between the 4th and the 14th century AD by the kings of Champa (Chiêm Thành in Vietnamese). The temples are dedicated to the worship of the god Shiva, known under various local names, the most important of which is “Bhadresvara”.
– Back Hoi An for lunch then visit this ancient town. Hoi An Ancient Town is an exceptionally well-preserved example of a South-East Asian trading port dating from the 15th to the 19th century. Its buildings and its street plan reflect the influences, both indigenous and foreign, that have combined to produce this unique heritage site.
– Back Hoi An for dinner and relax. Overnight in Hoi An.
– After the breakfast, you will visit Marble Mountains – a cluster of five marble and limestone hills located in Ngu Hanh Son ward, south of Da Nang.
– Visit the Museum of Cham Sculpture – opened in 1919 and was designed by two French architects, M. Deleval and M. Auclair, who were inspired by Parmentier to use some traditional Cham elements in the composition.
– Transfer to Hue, check-in hotel. Enjoy the Ao Dai Show & overnight in Hue.
– Pick up at the hotel around 08:00 am – 08:15 am in the morning, take the boat trip around 45 minutes to visit Thien Mu pagoda. Continue to visit the Imperial Citadel, Hue Royal Antiques Museum, Dong Ba Market.
– After the lunch at local restaurant, continue to visit Khai Dinh King’s Tomb, Minh Mang King’s Tomb, Conical hat village and incense stick village
– Back to your hotel.
– Enjoy folk songs on the dragon boat in the Perfume river. Overnight in Hue.
– After the breakfast, you will be picked up at your hotel in the city center, cycle along Le Loi Street to the first sightseeing site, Tiger Arena (Ho Quyen). Ho Quyen was the arena where duels between elephants and tigers were arranged for the entertainment of the Emperor, the royal family and mandarins.
Next: Visit Long Chau Temple or Dien Voi Re – “The Palace of Crying Elephants”. Long Chau temple is a royal temple where the kings’ war elephants were buried and worshipped.
09:30am: Continue to cycle to Thuy Bieu village, visit the first local house and discover the aloes wood work by local people.
10:00am: Keep cycling along verdant paths to visit Nguyen Phuoc Toc worship palace, Luong Quan temple and see local people’s daily life.
11:00am: Visit ancient houses which are called “Nha Ruong” with the history of over 100 years.
11:30am: It’s time to relax your feet after a 3-hour ride. You will have 15 minutes of herbal foot bath.
11:45am: Your stomach rumbles? Why do you have to wait while the Vietnamese traditional lunch is ready! Dishes are made from local ingredients by skillful hand of women of poetic Hue. Then take a rest.
01:00pm: You will learn how to make sesame candy under the guidance of the house owner. Then you can enjoy what you make.
02:00pm: Leave Thuy Bieu village and come back to the city by boat. If you want, the boat will drop you at Thien Mu Pagoda or any terminal. Don’t forget to say thank to the friendly people and skillful women, who gave you an impressive experience in Vietnam countryside.
– Back to the hotel & overnight in Hue.
– After the breakfast, our guide and car will pick you up at your hotel in Hue central, then transfer to Dong Ha town. On the way, stop visit the Dakrong Bridge, Frame of Church. You also have chance to meet Paco minority people in the Vietnam Central and Khe Sanh Combat base.
– After lunch, our guide and car take you back to the war sites, including: Hien Luong Bridge – Ben Hai River, Doc Mieu Base, Vinh Moc Tunnels, Tunnels Museum. Then the driver transfer you to Dong Hoi – Quang Binh.
– Check-in the hotel & overnight in Dong Hoi.
– After the breakfast, transfer from hotel to the Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park by air-conditioned vehicles.
– Visit Phong Nha Cave First is considered “First wonders”: Take a boat approx 5km along the Son River to tour the Phong Nha Cave (river cave). Yacht upstream Son river dreaming, enjoy charming natural scenery either side, you will see pictures of the girls, the children have fun on the waterfront and have the opportunity to experience the daily life of the neighborhood riverside village bearing the Vietnamese country soul.
– Conquering the Phong Nha Cave: The longest cave in Southeast Asia, enjoy the scenery spectacular limestone, underground river system and unique stalactite in the world. Caving Fairy & Imperial admire the beautiful stalactites blocks are created by nature over thousands of millennia.
– Return to the Xuan Son marina. Lunch at a restaurant with local specialties from the people here processing.
– Continue the journey to visit the Paradise Cave. Paradise Cave is first discovered in 2005 by the British Cave Research Association, It’s a largest and most beautiful cave in the Phong Nha – Ke Bang area by British spelunkers. It is said that the cave’s beauty is reminiscent of an imperial palace and very well resented with easy access, great walkways, and excellent feature lighting which made it extra special.
You take the electrical car from the parking to the foothills of the cave (2km).
Admire countless stalactites with different shapes: Thach Thien Cung, waterfallThien Ha, Quan Tien converging, Thap Lien flower … Before your eyes the image of typical terraced rice civilization, Champa tower, Buddha Guanyin, Phuc Loc Tho, Rong House of Highlands Vietnam …
– Vehicle transfer you back to Dong Hoi City. Overnight in the hotel.
– Free for you to do whatever you want at your own expense till the time for transferring to Dong Hoi Airport where your tour ends.